- Production / Factory Manager – Fabrication
- North Wales & Cheshire
- £35 - £45K dependent on experience plus incentives
- February 27, 2018
- February 27, 2018
- March 27, 2018
Our Client a leading up and coming Engineering Organisation requires Production/Factory Manager for a Busy fabrication workshop.
Must have Extensive Knowledge, or experience of both MIG & TIG of mild steel, stainless steel and Aluminium, and of fabrication techniques, of steel and Aluminium.
As the Production/Factory manager you will need to be able to work independently, to ensure manufacturing time scales are met, but will also require to work, under and take instruction from the company Director’s.
Direct and control all factory staff to ensure that they are properly motivated, trained, and carry out their responsibilities to a high standard, and in accordance with health and safety standards.
The role would ideally suit someone with a background in Steel Fabrication/Manufacturing. We are looking for a hard working person who wants to become an integral part of a growing business.
Job Roles and Responsibilities.
- Schedule and co-ordinate all aspect of work shop production, to ensure that output and quality delivery targets are achieved. To manage the workforce (including yourself) to get jobs out on time, of good quality and efficiently within the quoted timescales.
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned labour
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Management the companies ISO9001, conducting internal and external audits with the conducting authority.
- Investigate non-conformances.
- Have previous experience in reading and understanding engineering drawings
- Monitor the use of materials and care of equipment and plant to minimise waste and damage
- Daily time sheets are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain work accuracy in all aspects of fabrication/manufacture
- Ensure equipment and tools are secure and used correctly.
- Enforce safety rules through ongoing communication and Toolbox meetings.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on machinery equipment and mobile equipment.
- Plan overtime for approval
- Ensure housekeeping is ongoing by maintaining a clean and safe workplace.
- Liaising on a daily basis with the Director on production and business activities and supporting them with their requirements.
- Request equipment, materials and consumables as required within limits of authority.
- To be a good communicator, motivator and manager of men.