- Structural Engineer -Building Control
- Contract or permanent
- Structural Engineer
- Cheshire - will consist of travel around Mainland UK
- £40,000 to £45,500 per annum plus bonus and benefits
- July 3, 2017
- July 12, 2017
- November 1, 2017
Our client a leading structural warranty solutions provider for many construction projects in the UK to include but not exclusive for all types of residential and commercial new build or expansion projects are in the market for a Structural Engineer from projects around Mainland UK.
Based out of their prestigious offices on the Outskirts of Warrington, they are in the Market for Structural Engineers working from HOME covering the UK, will require Travel.
To provide specialist engineering support to determine that designs submitted by clients meeting the criteria. To perform periodic reviews of construction in progress to ensure compliance with the best practice.
Overview of Responsibilities
- To undertake assessments of structural designs for a wide range of building types, including high rise. This will include reviews from philosophy to detailed calculations
- Initial and ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance
- Ongoing liaison with Project managers/Co-ordinators and surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to
- To complete site inspections on complex schemes to determine compliance with the agreed design, particularly high rise frames.
- To provide technical advice on claims as well as undertaking site inspections and assessments on more complex claims to assess causes and identify remedial works.
- To provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Engineer (CEng, MIStructE or equivalent)
- Post qualification experience is essential
- In-depth technical knowledge of structural engineering principles applicable to Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess compliance with the approved design, Technical manual and codes of practice
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but be able to deal effectively with members of the public
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters
- Working knowledge of MS outlook (email), MS word and MS Excel
- Demonstrate ability to use own initiative
- Ability to motivate self and influence others
- Experience of Relationship Management
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible in personal approach
If you feel you have the relevant qualifications, and are looking for a challenging yet rewarding career then please contact us now for more details.
We’re always looking for new talent, so if you think you have a CV that would interest us please send it with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01244 560644 to discuss.